Background

Friday, June 25, 2010

Happy birthday, necktie onesies!

I spent last weekend making more necktie onesies. I have a baby shower to go to tomorrow and my friend Candace also wanted some for a baby shower she was going to, so I think I made five in all. Here are the ones I made for Candace. I was glad she brought me colored onesies. I wouldn't considered doing anything other than white!
How did the whole babies-wearing-ties thing get started? Here's a trip down memory lane for you. More like memory dirt road where you have to navigate cow patties...

One year ago we had a girls' getaway to my uncle's ranch house to celebrate my friend's upcoming motherhood. You can see little Liam there in the baby bump next to the cow.
We spent about an hour on 4-wheelers (very ranch-y, yes?)
And the rest of the time inside eating, playing board games, painting nails, watching movies, and much to my uncle's dismay, sewing. Poor guy probably thought he was going to have some help tagging calfs or something.

I brought my sewing machine and we made burp bloths, bibs, onesies and t-shirts for Little Liam, all with appliques on them. The necktie process has since been improved, but they turned out really well for the first time! In addition to ties, we made this Great Dane camo collection in honor of big (dog) brother Jake, who sadly died shortly after baby Liam was born. And my reason for this post? Liam just had his nine-month pictures taken in one of the t-shirts we made!
Isn't he adorable?



Shout out, ladies! (And thanks for letting me steal the pics without permission, Em!)

1 comment:

Amy D said...

LOVE the necktie onesies. they are so adorable!